Celebrities are doing it, we’re loving it, and it’s time for you to try it! The Ombre Manicure.
Ombre nails are this season’s trend, and with a little know how, you too can give yourself the perfect manicured look at home.
An ombre nail is a colour fade across the nails lightest to darkest.
There are two ways for this style, either graduate your nail colour darkest to lightest on each separate fingernail, or be bold and graduate on the individual nail with two colours.
- Pick two nail polish colours and a top coat.
- Start with shaped and buffed nails. Almond or square work best.
- Clean nails thoroughly with acetone polish remover.
- Do not use a base coat, as the blending for the ombré look will not work as well over a base coat.
- Work with one nail at a time so polish is wet enough to blend.
- Apply two coats of your 1st nail colour all over the nail. This is the main colour.
- Take your second colour and use only a tiny amount of polish, and a light touch, start at the tip of the nail and stroke back toward about 1/3 of the way up the nail so it looks like one shade is blending into the other
- Continue this application with all nails.
- Seal nails with a quick dry-top coat.